FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- Why isn't Journal X included in this product?
- I think Journal X should also be included in category Y. Would that be possible?
- The country of publication you're displaying for Journal X is wrong. The correct country is Z. Can you fix it?
- How often will this product be updated?
Why isn't Journal X included in this product?
Journal Scholar Metrics (JSM) only displays data for Social Sciences and Humanities (SS&H) journals included in Google Scholar Metrics (GSM). In order to be listed in GSM, a journal must meet the following criteria:
- its articles must follow Google Scholar's inclusion guidelines. That is, its articles must appear in Google Scholar.
- it must have published at least 100 articles in the last five years (currently, the 2010-2014 period).
- at least one of those articles must have received at least one citation.
If the journal you're looking for is indexed in GSM, but you can't find it here, it's our mistake. We extracted all the SS&H journals we could find from GSM, but it's entirely possible that we missed some of them. We would be grateful if you could bring to our attention the names of these journals. We'll add them in future updates.
I think Journal X should also be included in category Y. Would that be possible?
Classifying journals isn't always easy. Our classification system relies on the classification systems of other databases, and on our own informed judgement when no other information is available. Moreover, there is always the possibility of human errors. Your suggestions on this topic will be appreciated.
The country of publication you're displaying for Journal X is wrong. The correct country is Z. Can you fix it?
Once again, we relied on the information provided by other services to select the country of publication of the journals included in this product. Sometimes the databases threw conflicting information on this topic, so we tried to select the country with a higher consensus among the databases. Furthermore, the country of publication can change over time, as journals are sold and bought by different publishers. We'll be happy to correct any mistakes we might have made on this matter.
How often will this product be updated?
Like Google Scholar Metrics, this product will have a major update once a year. For the past few years, GSM has been updated in the early summer. Our plan is to update this product soon after GSM rolls out the new version every year. Additionally, there may be some minor updates to fix errors or add new journals.